Hepcat Swing is committed to the safety of our membership and community first and foremost. As of August 2021, we are optimistically planning to run some classes again in September. This was a decision the board of directors made based on improved vaccination numbers and low case counts at the time of analysis, as well as under guidance from the Ontario government's reopening strategy.
However, we recognize that the pandemic is an ever evolving situation and we may need to adapt quickly as things change. Classes may be cancelled if we feel it is unsafe. If classes are cancelled, a full refund will be issued to anyone who registered. There are currently no plans to resume social dances.
Assuming classes do run, we have implemented a number of safety protocols, both our own and in keeping with government mandates. Some of these are:
- mandatory masking at all times within the facility
- mandatory screening questions before entering the facility
- social distancing of at least 2m at all times inside and outside of the facility
- recording of who enters the facility for contact tracing purposes
- improved ventilation and air purification within the facility
A full COVID-19 Safety Plan has been developed, and can be found here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com